Disclaimer the information here is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. This was intended for general information purposes only.
HOW CBD WORKS
(the science behind)
CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system through indirect mechanisms such as enhanced action of the endogenous cannabinoid ligand anandamide. This results from blockade of anandamide reuptake and the inhibition of its enzymatic degradation.
The body naturally produces its own cannabinoids, called endocannabinoids. These beneficial chemicals help your body maintain balance in many ways by tapping into receptors found throughout your brain and body. Phytocannabinoids are plant-based compounds that mimic these natural chemicals, connecting with the same receptors and supplementing your system to restore balance. This includes anxiety, appetite, pain sensation, mood, memory, immune system functions, and inflammation control.
Similar to how we use vitamin C to kick start our immune system, CBD acts as a kick starter for these cannabinoids to keep the receptors working at optimal capacity and to help the functions of the body's central regulatory system.
Additionally, CBD has been shown to modulate several non-endocannabinoid signaling systems. Some of these mechanisms include: Inhibition of adenosine uptake, possibly resulting in indirect agonist activity at adenosine receptors. Enhanced activity at the 5-HT1a receptor. Enhanced activity at glycine receptor subtypes Blockade of the orphan G-protein-coupled receptor GPR55
- Anxiety & Stress Relief
- Better Focus
- Inflammation & Pain Relief
- Relief of Post-Workout Pain & Soreness
- Sleep & Insomnia
- Aids in Bone regeneration
- HIV Dementia
- And other neurodegenerative disorders
"Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia."
Can benefit patients with…
- CBD can be an effective and relatively potent anticonvulsant in both maximal electroshock and audiogenic seizure tests
- Chronic Pain
- CBD has substantial anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory effects.
- CBD was shown to significantly suppress) chronic inflammatory and neuropathic pain without causing apparent analgesic tolerance.
- Possible implications for relief of neuropathic pain in multiple sclerosis.
- Studies using animal models of anxiety and involving healthy volunteers clearly suggest an anxiolytic-like effect of CBD.
- CBD was also shown to reduce anxiety in patients with social anxiety disorder; this is related to its effects on activity in limbic and paralimbic brain areas.
- Studies have shown that small dosages of CBD has had an "Active" effect, which means that it actually helps you stay active and focused.
- To be noted, large dosages had the opposite effect: a sedative effect.
(More research has to show what is the optimal dosage to take for the anti-anxiety and antidepressant effects to be optimal, but it's something one can also experiment with to find the dosage that suits them best.)
- CBD's benefits of alleviating joint pains has been the main reason behind brands developing topicals infused with CBD.
- Studies CBD was administered after the onset of clinical symptoms, and in both models of arthritis, the treatment effectively blocked the progression of arthritis.
- CBD was equally effective when administered i.p. or orally.
- Drug addiction, alcoholism, and smoking
- Early clinical trials have shown that CBD can reduce nicotine addiction and have reduced the number of cigarettes smoked by 40%
- Transdermal cannabidiol prevents alcohol-induced neurodegeneration similar to i.p.
- Therapeutic properties for those suffering from addictions to various substances including cocaine, opioids, tobacco, and psychostimulants
A brand that we like https://www.uncanna.com/, discount code REZACPT for 10% off.